NASCAR's Most Entertaining Track
Pre-Race and Fan Plaza Entertainment
Don't miss David "The Bullet" Smith AGT, the World's Most Accomplished human cannonball, as he flies through the air above the tri-oval. Smith has been featured on America's Got Talent and is a Guinness World Record holder.
Pre-race and Fan Plaza Entertainment in 2019:
- Aerial Acts – Look skyward as performers test the limits of gravity with aerial straps.
- Trampoline Shows – Flippenout's Extreme Trampoline Shows utilizes top professional athletes from all around the country. Its shows keep the hype up with awesome soundtracks and is action packed from start to finish.
- Ann Arbor Hands on Museum – The track is now an educational opportunity for your children. The museum will have six STEM-related opportunities to provide hands-on experiences.
- ZOOperstars! – A one of a kind, hilarious mascot inflatable entertainment show will take over the fan plaza.
- Bands – Fans can sit back and listen to music of a different band each day.
- Great Lakes Timber Show – The Lumberjack show features chainsaw carving, axe throwing, wood chopping, one and two-man crosscut sawing, modified chainsawing, log rolling and loads of clean family humor.
- Timber Art – Checkout what can be created from a wood log by professional wood carvers.
- Chalk Artists – Two professional artists will decorate the fan plaza pavement.
- Cornhole – Prove that you are the best at playing cornhole.
- Strolling Street Performers – Variety of acts including stilt walkers, contact jugglers, object manipulation and cube spinning.
- Face Painters – Kids can get their faces painted.
- Magician – Be prepared to be amazed in the pit road suites when the magicians visit.
- Human Cannonball - Don't miss David "The Bullet" Smith AGT, the World's Most Accomplished human cannonball, as he flies through the air above the tri-oval. Smith has been featured on America's Got Talent and is a Guinness World Record holder.
Campground Entertainment in 2019:
- Movie – Grab your popcorn and enjoy the movie on the big screen. Campers can watch Bumblebeeon Thursday in June and Incredibles 2 on Thursday in August.
- Medium – Make connections to loved ones in spirit delivering messages and guidance full of laughter, love, insight and healing during a special messages from the spirit session.
- Late Night Party – Be sprayed by paint and foam while listening to the DJ until 2 a.m.
- Concerts – There will be musical performances all weekend long throughout the campgrounds.
- Fitness Program – The track is offering yoga, Zumba and pound classes from the Jackson YMCA to those who don’t want to miss a workout.
- Dueling pianos – Watch as two dynamic piano players entertain the crowd.
- Bingo – All the campers will have the opportunity to lay claim to being the best at MIS.
- Face Painters – Kids can get their faces painted.
- Magician – Be prepared to be in awe as a magician roams the campground.
- Church service – Every campground will have a non-denominational service on Sunday morning.
June Saturday Post-Race Concert Lineup
For more than 30 years, LOVERBOY has been “Working for the Weekend”, delighting audiences around the world since forming in 1978. With their trademark red leather pants, bandannas, big rock sound and high-energy live shows, LOVERBOY has sold more than 10 million albums, earning four multi-platinum plaques. Their string of hits include: “Lovin’ Every Minute of It,” “Turn Me Loose,” “When It’s Over,” “Heaven In Your Eyes” and “Queen of the Broken Hearts.”
WARRANT has sold over 10 million albums worldwide, with the song “Cherry Pie” taking on a pop culture life of its own, being featured in movies, TV shows, and commercials. WARRANT's signature style of rock music is to craft catchy songs, yet retain the melodic side. WARRANT’s hits include: “Sometimes She Cries,” “Heaven,” and “Uncle Tom’s Cabin.”
Love and Theft
Love And Theft launched with the No. 1 country smash “Angel Eyes” and top 10 hit “Runaway.” The ACM/CMA/CMT nominated duo has built a loyal fan base through their high-energy shows, infectious harmonies, and signature songwriting and is poised for the next chapter in their musical journey. The pair is currently putting the final touches on their fourth studio album.
August Saturday Post-Race Concert Lineup
Grand Funk Railroad
Originating from Flint, Michigan this top selling American rock group of the 70's is "comin' to your town to help you party it down!" Grand Funk Railroad is excited to be playing at Michigan International Speedway in 2019, marking a 50 year milestone for the band. Known as "The American Band", the high-energy five-piece group has mega-hits including: “We're An American Band,” “I’m Your Captain/Closer To Home,” and “Some Kind Of Wonderful.”
The band's debut album Skid Row, released in January 1989, was an instant success as the record went 5 times platinum on the strength of the Top 10 singles. The band has garnered gold and multi-platinum sales and a No. 1 on the Billboard album chart. Skid Row hits include: “Youth Gone Wild”, “I Remember You”, “18 and Life”, “Monkey Business”, and “Let’s Go.”
Sawyer Brown is an American country music band founded in 1981.The band has released eighteen studio albums and has charted over fifty times on the Hot Country Songs charts, including three No. 1 singles: "Step That Step" (1985), "Some Girls Do" (1992), and "Thank God for You" (1993). The band's sound is largely defined by country pop and rock music influences.